Douja Elhajj is the Principal Mediator at Insight Dispute Resolution. Douja has over 15 years experience as a mediator and holds a background in human behavioural therapy, psychology, and science.
Official accreditations and qualifications include:
- Family Dispute Resolution Practitioner with the Attorney General’s Department
- Nationally Accredited Mediator under NMAS Standards
- Cross Border Mediator with the Network of Cross Border Mediators, Europe – Specialising in relocation disputes, and child abduction
- Mediator at the Franchising Mediation Adviser
- Mediator at the Australian Small Business and Family Enterprise Ombudsman
- Mediator at the Horticulture Mediation Adviser
Douja has in-depth experience working with government agencies, legal professionals, and private mediation clients. The mediation methods at Insight Dispute Resolution aim for sustainable resolutions to complex legal and interpersonal matters.
Douja’s memberships and interests include:
- Member of Resolution Institute, Association of Dispute Resolvers
- Lead Coach for all WA Resolution Institute Mediation Workshops
- Speaker at the World Mediation Symposium in Berlin, Germany through the World Mediation Organisation
Douja specialises in mediation involving complex legal and interpersonal matters, whether it be a business dispute with a family member, deceased estate or custody of your child. Douja specialises in commercial, workplace family and interpersonal conflict.
Douja believes that “by understanding ourselves, how we relate to others, and our motivations; we can break down barriers of misunderstanding and the possibility of conflict, to be able to move forward”.
Key services provided by Douja include Family Dispute Resolution, Lawyer Assisted Mediations or Mediation Style Conferences, Workplace Mediation, Family Business Mediation, and Commercial Mediation.
Meredith’s expertise and experience is invaluable to our clients as she has worked exclusively in Family Law, Mediation, Family Dispute Resolution and Protection and Care Law throughout her career.
Meredith’s official accreditations include:
- a Bachelor of Laws from the University of Western Australia; and
- a Bachelor of Arts from Murdoch University, double majoring in Theatre & Drama Studies and Communication Studies.
Meredith has a particular passion for children’s matters due to her work as an Independent Children’s Lawyer since 2003, and assisting children and families through Family Court and Children’s Court processes.
Meredith believes that mediation and family dispute resolution are extremely important and effective tools in facilitating parents reaching agreements concerning their children, as well as the assets of their relationship.
Meredith’s professional memberships include:
- Member of the Family Law Practitioners Association of WA
- Australian Institute of Family Law Arbitrators and Mediators (AIFLAM)
- Committee member of the WA division of AIFLAM
- The Law Council of Australia – Family Law Section
- Collaborative Professionals WA
- Women Lawyers WA
Meredith is on the following WA Legal Aid panels:
- Independent Children’s Lawyer and Child Representative
- Dispute Resolution Chairperson (DR Children’s Matters)
- Dispute Resolution Chairperson (Property Settlement)
- Family Law Dispute Resolution Panel
Meredith also has her own mediation firm, Meredith Hunter & Associates, and has been self-employed since 2001. She represents children, ranging in age from newborns to 17 year olds. Meredith meets with the children she represents and provides feedback about the children’s views and best interests to both the Family Court and the Children’s Court.
As a mother of 3 and step-mother of 2, Meredith is well placed to understand children and family dynamics, as well as the difficulties faced by families undergoing separation. She is very skilled at building rapport with children and providing them with a safe space to express themselves.
Meredith’s role as a Child Consultant for Insight Dispute Resolution involves her meeting with children and parents alike and providing feedback through the process of family dispute resolution, enabling parents to focus on that which is most important, their children.
Meredith has known Douja for many years and the two will work together to assist you to resolve your dispute in an amicable, cost effective, child-focussed and timely manner.